Monday, January 14, 2013

Weird Happenings....

This has been  a new year with some very strange weather patterns. As of today there is basically no snow except in areas where it has been piled up. Even though I heard on the weather the other night that we have had a total accumulation of about 17" so far this season, it still seems strange. The day before yesterday we were having weather that seemed like Spring. The lake looked like it had about 2 " of water resting on the top and my fire pit was filled to the brim with water. The weather has since turned cold and our high for today was 17, but no snow in the forecast. I keep feeling like I'm just not sure exactly what month it is sometimes. I guess much like these ducks who decided to have a roost at the top of this house on the lake. This photo was taken in the summer, but in all the years I have lived here I have never seen them hang out at the top of a roof, but I guess there's a first time for everything....even the weather.

1 comment: