Saturday, March 19, 2011

Visitors out my kitchen window....

We've been watching 2 of these Pileated Woodpeckers for most of the winter, right outside the kitchen window. Joel sticks suet in the crack of the post every morning and by afternoon it's all gone. The Pileateds even helped out by excavating the crack to make it bigger. They're an amazing bird. Jean Kilbane called last Friday to let me know that she had spotted 3 wolves walking along the shoreline towards the east end of the lake. Unfortunately, I was gone or I would have been scouting the area with my camera. The lake is like glass right now, with all the melting and freezing going on. But it feels like Spring might be in the air, I don't want to say that too loudly in case I might jinx things! Have you seen anything interesting lately?

No comments: